Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can jira service desk have multiple customers

Tim Riddle February 23, 2015

I run a managed service provider for infrastructure support, business process consulting, and development.  I need to know if JIRA service desk can work well for a help desk that has multiple external customers and tie to billing.  I can't seem to find something on point or who to ask.

1 answer

0 votes
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2015

Hi Tim - this is a consulting question, so Atlassian generally expects you to engage an Atlassian Expert service partner (such as Blended Perspectives).

JSD can certainly work well for your environment as it can take incoming requests from prospective customers into a central service desk to help you manage them through a sales pipeline to the point of transitioning enquiries into a dedicated customer service desk.

Once landed as customers, you would start booking time against work done. For the billing side to work you would likely need some way to report on time periods to to convert work done to invoices. There are many ways to do that, including using Tempo.

And, you didn't ask, but provisioning Confluence alongside can help you deflect some of your customers simpler questions through matching it to a knowledge base of answers. This gets your customers stock answers they may be looking for whilst reducing the effort required to service them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events