cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I fully mute my agent channel?

jack barrett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2023

we are using Assist in Slack to create tickets off of messages to our support channels automatically. 

this works great, with one exception. every message in the Slack threads is mirrored in our agent channel. that means when I send a message like "I'm taking a look" on a new post, I get a notification from the agent channel that I've sent a message saying "taking a look". this also means I get two notifications whenever someone replies to a thread; one message from the support channel, and another from the agent channel. 

this issue is annoying as I often end up clicking a notification for the agent channel, and not the support channel like I intended. this also means that my 'threads' tab in Slack shows 2 threads for each follow-up message; one from each channel.

I'm pretty new to JSM, so any and all help would be appreciated! I'm also happy to provide any more information that's lacking from this post :) 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2023

@jack barrett Welcome to the Atlassian community

I do not believe that there is a way to mute it.  Public and private comments are made to both channels.  https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/product-guide/tips-and-tricks/chat#getting-started-with-chat 

Shae Strauss
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 29, 2023

Hi @Brant - thanks for this! Super helpful!

In addition to muting the agent channel, I'm wondering whether its possible to mute or stop the trigger of 'slack thread messages' that are generated from the messages being received into the agent channel? 

What we are seeing is that these slack threads being generated are flooding the thread workflow we are generating from our team @ tag used on slack so when going into the 'thread' channel, we see duplications of (a) the request raised in relevant channel and (b) the message (ticket) being created in the agents channel

Hope you can help? Thanks!

Shae

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events