attach button

Juan Carlos Cardenas Padilla January 5, 2022

At the moment that I am going to close a ticket and I give him a resolution, he opens a box to fill in the information of what was done but I would like to attach evidence, is it possible to add that button?

If you can, how would the step by step be?

15.jpg

3 answers

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2022

Hello @Juan Carlos Cardenas Padilla,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

When resolving an issue, currently, the only way to add an attachment is by embedding it using markup.

!image.jpg|thumbnail! 

The attachments must be added first to the ticket and then, use the option above to embed it on the comment.

With this said, before resolving the ticket you need to add the desired attachment as an internal comment and then click to resolve the issue and on the comment, you need to use what I mentioned above so the customer will be able to see the attachment in the customer portal.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 15.00.02.png

It's possible to add the field to the screen as @Pramodh M mentioned, but the attachment won't be visible to the customer nor on the agent view. It was reported as a bug a while ago, but it was closed since it’s expected:

There was a feature request suggesting to add this ability to the resolve screen, but it was closed as "Won't fix".

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

You can add a field required Validator to your transition to done/closed for the Attachment field. Also add Attachment to the screen that you apparently already have in place on the transition.

2 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

Hi @Juan Carlos Cardenas Padilla 

Attach evidence in form of Attachment?

If yes, navigate to the workflow where you need to make the attachment field required and add the validator as shown below

Trans.png

Validator is as shown below

Val.png

The result would look like this

Require.png

Let me know if you have any queries?

Thanks,
Pramodh

Juan Carlos Cardenas Padilla January 6, 2022

hello

I am doing that configuration but it does not show me the field to be able to attach files when the case is resolved.

You don't have a detailed step-by-step.

Thanks11.jpg

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022

Hi @Juan Carlos Cardenas Padilla 

Please check whether you have the add attachment permission, then attachment field on the screen.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events