Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your request could not be created. User 'admin' was not found in the system.

Pablo Palacios May 16, 2022

Our Jira Service Management is not creating new tickets. It happens via e-mail and directly from the "Create" (create issue) and I have "admin" permission inside the project.

On the e-mails logs the the message is: 

Your request could not be created. Please check the fields have been correctly filled in. User 'admin' was not found in the system.

And when I try to create an issue as an administrator or an "service desk team" it shows the follow message: 

Approvers: User 'admin' was not found in the system.

Things we already checked: 

We have administrator permission.

The e-mail from the client is in the "Customers" list and have "customer" permission.

The workflow used by the "Request Type" "Solicitação enviada por e-mail" does not have any approvers or additional validations.

Anyone can send an e-mail to open a ticket.

SOLVED: The Administrator changed the global setting of default approver that previously had the value "admin" and now is working fine.
Thank you for the help.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pablo Palacios May 17, 2022

The Administrator changed the global setting of default approver that previously had the value "admin" and now is working fine.

Just adding some context to help if someone is facing the same issue.

We changed our Organization Admin and removed the old user. He was set as the default approver on a lot of projects. When we removed his user those projects changed the default approver to the word "admin" without any user assigned. Apparently Jira Service Management was not ready to that action and didnt't warned to change the current approver to the new one.
We don't even use an approver in any project. Now the other Admin changed the approver from the word "admin" to nothing and all projects are working fine.

The setting is a field called "Approver". Even if not used in the workflow, it affects a lot of projects, like a system setting.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

@Pablo Palacios Welcome to the Atlassian community

If you edit the request type Solicitação enviada por e-mail does it have any hidden fields?  I am assuming it does and that one of them has the user 'admin' set when the issue is created.  

Thank you very much.

After testing we noticed that the same message it's showing even with tickets from the Jira Software platform in different projects that doesn't even use the same workflow. I'm gonna try to see if an Administrator of our site changed something or removed some "Admin".

You mean the fields "Hide when empty"? We have a lot that we don't use. I may try to remove it. But I'm not so shure because it's happening even on Jira Software, completelly outside JSM.

These are the fields of the request type for e-mails: 

screencapture-monitortdtb-atlassian-net-jira-servicedesk-projects-SUP-settings-request-types-category-service-requests-request-type-10-2022-05-16-15_07_40.png

E-mail log: 

unknown1.png

Creating a ticket inside: 

issue.png

Creating a bug in Jira Software on a different project: 

issueJS.png

I already removed the "Aprrovers" field just in case, but didn't change the result.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

Can you share a screenshot of the workflow and the create transitions options screen?

The Administrator changed the global setting of default approver that previously had the value "admin" and now is working fine.
Thank you for the help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events