Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write a comment on issue on create

Sandeep kumar S September 4, 2020

Hi All,

I have create a plugin app to create a comment and this to issue. I have added this app to post-function of Create transition workflow.

The problem i am facing is the plugin app takes some time to give the reply (its intended). So the issue creation time is also increased until the app reply.

I would like to create the issue first, so that user is not waiting for reply from app. Later my app adds the comment to the issue. By doing this in post-function the creation time is getting increased :(.

If anyone has idea to do this, plz let me know.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 4, 2020

How are you testing the creation time?

During plugin development, jira runs as development mode which is very slow compared to production mode. 

Adding a comment as a post function shouldn't impact the time of creation since, it will be cached in the production environment

Sandeep kumar S September 4, 2020

Hi,

I am not running on the development mode. I am uploading .jar of my app to one of the local instance.

Actual running plugin normally takes time since its takes summary as input and do some calculation to write the comment.

What i need is, when user creates request/issue it should create normally and later this plugin app should fire the event, to write comment. when doing this in post-function, its looking like creation it waiting for plugin to execute and the page waits in loading state. This i want to avoid.

Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 4, 2020

Aaah sorry for assuming mistakenly

To avoid sequential run of your script that adds a comment during creation you could listen to issue created event and add the comment as the event handler

Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
September 4, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events