Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workaround for the myPending(), pendingBy() bug?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

Does anyone have a good workaround for JSDCLOUD-5596 (myPending, pendingBy bug? We have a procurement workflow that requires approvals from multiple people before the ticket can be transition and not being able to report on who still needs to approve a ticket is bit of a pain. Does anyone have a good workaround for it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2021

Hello Mikael,

Thank you for your question.

I’m afraid to say that currently, there is no workaround for that. 

I tested on my local site and doesn’t matter if it’s filtered by a single user (using the account id), it will show all tickets pending approvals. I also checked the automation thinking of copying the value of the field or sending an email, but I didn’t find the option to remove who already approved.

For now, it’s possible to see who still needs to approve directly on the ticket or via API using: https://xxxxxx.atlassian.net/rest/servicedeskapi/request/IT-123/approval

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 18.18.33.png

Other than that, there are no other options we can think of for now.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

Thanks @Angélica Luz I suspected that. I assume that when someone approves it triggers a edit event, correct? If so then I should be able to work around it by trigger a web request and use tray.io to get the pending approvers and return that to Jira via an incoming web hook that update a field on the ticket.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2021

I tested here and it doesn’t update the issue. I added more than one approver and approved with only one account. Nothing was added to the ticket history and the Updated X minutes ago also didn’t change.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2021

Okay, that is what my testing shows as well. I guess I could run a script on a schedule  to see if approvals are still pending. Thanks for checking @Angélica Luz!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

Just to follow up on this if anyone else is looking for a solution for this. This is how I solved it. You can use Search for issues using JQL (GET), the JSON result contains approvals. I then filter out the ones that are still pending and use an incoming web hook automation to populate a multi user pick list on the request.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events