Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Jira transition new issue affect current data or configurations

Candy Tricia Khohliwe November 25, 2020

Will the Jira transition new issue affect current data or configurations and the customer portal layout

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

Hi Candy, I am going to say "no" but TBH I need you to clarify what you mean exactly by "...Jira transition new issue...". If you mean to say "If an Agent transitions an issue created by a Customer will it affect the underlying data and if so how. Additionally, will it impact the portal layout?".

So certainly when an issue is transition some underlying data will be update, status if nothing else. However, no configuration changes will occur. For the Portal, the only change will be that the transition will be reflected in the issue view so as to make the Customer aware of what is going on with his/her ticket.

Candy Tricia Khohliwe November 25, 2020

Thanks Jack, yeah , I wanted to know if Agent transitions of an issue created by a Customer how it will affect the underlying data and customer portal.

Lastly how can I link request type and issue types.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

Glad to assist. So Request Types are associated to an Issuetypes at creation of the Request type (project settings > request types). You might find this article useful - what-are-request-types and the related ones which you will find links to.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events