Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would SLA work incorrectly if reporter is same as assignee?

Ahmed Shehata February 3, 2019

WHy? Having the same user assigned to both the reporter and assignee roles may cause your SLA to work incorrectly. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2019

Unsure. Are you experiencing this. Can you explain what you are seeing specifically?

i want to understand which level the SLA will be calculated, it can be assigned as an issue property or only as a relation between reporter and Assignee

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2019

I’m sorry but I don’t understand your question. Please review this document as a starter to SLAs. https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-slas-732528967.html

they don’t relate to reporter and assignee. SLAs are timers that reflect the commitment to resolve an issue based upon things like priority and leverage a customized calendar that represent you work schedule.

for other service management applications, I can assign SLAs based on the reporter or its location or issue category or Assignee it self 

can i  do that here?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2019

yes you can do that. You should find that info in the documentation but here is an example...

sla.jpg

Heather R October 9, 2020

In a related question, what is the expression to exclude from the SLA when the reporter = assignee?

Edit: I created a new question for this. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events