Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why participants are not being added with email CC

Nancy Rodriguez December 29, 2021

I´ve received reports from customers already enrolled in the project as service desk customers, that when they are sending email requests and CCd other people, this people is not being added as participants.

I already checked customer permision, notification settings and everything looks OK. Actually I applied the suggestion in this post https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Adding-Email-CCs-to-request-participants/qaq-p/790258 

But we are still receiving tickets without participants. So I don´t know if I´m missing some permission??

1 answer

5 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2021

Hello @Nancy Rodriguez,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In order for customers to be able to share tickets with other customers, it will depend on the permissions.

- If the CCd people already have an account and permission on the project:

The customer permissions must be set to Customers can search for other customers within their project or organizations, so they can share the ticket with anyone from the project.

Project settings > Customer permissions (company-managed) or Project settings > Channel > Customer permissions.

- If the CCd people don’t have an account:

If that’s the case, they need to have permission to create their own accounts.

With this said, there are some settings that need to be changed. 

As a Jira administrator, go to Cog icon > Products > Portal-only customer access.

Select Allow customers to create accounts > Save.

Then, go to Project settings > Customer permissions (company-managed) or Project settings > Channel > Customer permissions.

On Service project access, select Anyone on the web and Customer sharing Customers can search for other customers within their project or organizations > Save.

With the settings above, customers will be able to share the ticket with people even if they don’t have an account because once they send an email with CCd people, they will be added to the project.

- If you already changed those settings and it still doesn’t work:

Are they able to share tickets directly from the ticket view in the customer portal by using the +Share button?

Are you able to add participants to the tickets via the agent view?

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events