Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my automation Rule firing twice?

Karoleigh Miller May 6, 2021

I set up automation when status changes to add a comment.

The rule is executed twice and success both times added two comments.  Any ideas why this is happening?

3 answers

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

Hi Karoleigh,

Nothing is glaringly wrong with what is in the image, but the order of operations for Actions may be the problem.

It looks like the automation is triggered, the automation adds a comment, and then the automation transitions the issue. Possibly try transitioning before adding the comment because the comment may trigger the automation triggered by comments. Cheers!

0 votes
Karoleigh Miller May 10, 2021

Hi Joshua - take a look at my screen shot---any ideas where i am going wrong?Capture.PNG

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Hi Karoleigh,

I must guess without seeing the specific automation or any automation at all, but it sounds to me like there are either two pieces of automation being triggered once each or there is a single piece of automation being triggered twice. Less subtly put, something is configured incorrectly.

• Can you outline the specific piece of automation and any related configuration items?
  • Can you review all automation for duplicate functionality?
  • Can you review automation outside of the native JSM automation (e.g. Scriptrunner, Automation for Jira, etc) for duplicate functionality?

Cheers!

Karoleigh Miller May 10, 2021

Hi Joshua - take a look at my screen shot---any ideas where i am going wrong?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events