Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Story Points field not visible in Agent View?

Dharmesh Barot March 18, 2021

Hi,

I have added Story Points field to the correct Issue Screen for the Issue Type. Additionally, I verified it is not visible in Detail Issue View under "Configure fields".

Even New Issue View and Old Issue View don't display it. Neither it is visible on the Edit Issue screen.

Does Service Management not support it?

We need to this field to allow our internal team/agents to put a LOE when clients submit UAT bugs.

Please advise.

Best,

Dharmesh

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2021

Hello @Dharmesh Barot,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The Story Points field is a Jira Software field and usually, it’s associated with the issue types used in Software such as Tasks, Story, and Epics.

To make this field visible on Service Management tickets, it’s necessary to add to the screens as you already did but also associated with the issue types of the project.

Please, go to Cog icon > Issues > Custom fields > Search for Story points and click on … > Context and default value.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 10.28.37.png

Click on Edit configuration and on Issue types, select the desired ones or “Any issue type”.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 10.24.01.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 10.24.37.png

After that, click on "Modify" to save the changes and now the field should be visible on Service Management tickets.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 10.32.18.png

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Dharmesh Barot March 19, 2021

Thanks Angelica! That worked. Appreciate your detail explanation, which helped me to understand better.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events