Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't I receive notifications when my colleague raises a request?

Martina Schusterová June 15, 2021

Hi there, 

I do get notifications on newly created support requests from our clients, but I'm not getting notifications on requests created from people from my organization (or also Jira Software users, they are the same people for us) and I can't figure out why.

I am set as Project Lead for our team-managed JSM project, the Project Lead is set as recipient of internal notifications upon Request Created and I have notifications allowed in my personal settings. I don't get notifications upon this action from any of my colleagues, even non-agents. ( BTW I don't want all agents to receive these notifications, just myself, that's why I'm using Project Lead.)

What am I missing please?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2021

Hello Martina,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and thank you for sharing the details.

Since you receive notifications when external customers create tickets on the same project, I was wondering if there are different steps that internal users are following.

How are they creating tickets? Are they using the portal, email, or the Create button in Jira? 

On the tickets that the issue happens, are you added, for example, as a participant?

Are you receiving other notifications from the same ticket (comments, transitions)? 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Martina Schusterová June 17, 2021

Hello Angélica, 

Thank you for taking an interest. These tickets are created via e-mail, same as majority of the customer ones. I am not added as anything unless I open them and do an operation in them (then I get assigned by automation or I assign someone, depending on the operation done). Before this, i.e. adding myself, I don't receive any notifications about the tickets from internal reporters, not if they add a comment, not if some other agent assign the ticket to themselves, nothing.

Kind regards, 
Martina

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2021

Thank you for the details, Martina.

I tried to replicate it here on my site, but it works normally when an internal user or a customer creates a ticket.

You mentioned on the question “I'm not getting notifications on requests created from people from my organization”.

Something that may prevent notifications from working correctly is being part of two roles at the same time, in this case, agent and customer. 

So, you are a project lead who is an agent/admin on the project, but if you are added to an Organization and the ticket is shared with the Organization, Jira won’t know what type of notification to send to you, since you are an agent, but at the same time, you are also considered a customer if the ticket is shared with the organization.

Can you please confirm if the internal users that create tickets in this project are part of an Organization? Also, check if you are not listed there and if so, please, remove your account from there.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 18.19.13.png

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Like Martina Schusterová likes this
Martina Schusterová June 18, 2021

It helped, thank you Angélica! 

It didn't occur to me because I know I was amongst the customers of my organization while we were on server too and it didn't cause any issues. But I do admit the internal notification scheme was set up differently then with different admin. :)

Best, 

Martina

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
June 18, 2021

I'm glad that it's working, Martina.

The notification scheme of a team-managed project is different than the company-managed one (that it's similar to projects in Server).

Notification scheme on company-managed overrides some settings, for example, if a user turns off the notification on the profile but is added to the notification scheme, the user will keep receiving notifications.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events