Why do my Service Projects have different options and look/feel?

Sandi Slavko May 14, 2021

We've had 2 JSD projects setup for about 6 months now - and everything is working fine. 

We just added a new JSD project this month - and it appears to have a completely different look and feel with many more options available.

Wondering:

a) is this just a new version? and when did this new 'version' get released? 

b) how can I upgrade/update my legacy projects to the seemingly new and improved look and feel?

Please see screenshot attached noting different options.  Thank you!OLD vs NEW Jira Svc Desk Options.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Hi @Sandi Slavko,

The new JSM project you created is based on the ITSM template, which is based on ITIL where you have 4 different types of requests. You also see the integration to Opsgenie that is now part of JSM (Alerts and On-call menu options). 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

And the only way to upgrade your existing (legacy) projects would be to create a new project and then move your existing requests over.

Sandi Slavko May 17, 2021

Thank you for your reply.  It's a bummer that I would need to create new projects and set all configs up again and then convert to the new project - instead of just being able to upgrade.

Thank you for the information! Greatly appreciated!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events