Why do I get an error message when opening Customer Permissions for a service desk project?

Marco Van Deventer November 4, 2020

I want to make all of our company's service desks private to their respective customers, but when I go to Customer Permissions in the project settings, an error reads "An error occurred while loading this page".

This is happening across multiple service desk projects, none of which have the option of adding any customers to in the first place.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2020

Hello Marco,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I can see that you are a site administrator, but in order to manage Service Desk projects, you need to be a project administrator as well.

Can you please go to Project settings > People (Classic) or Service Desk settings > Internal access (Next-gen) and check if you are listed as an administrator? 

If not, please click on Add people and add yourself as admin, so you will be able to manage the project.

If you can't access this page as well, please make sure you are also part of jira-administrators group. Go to Cog icon > User management and add the group to your profile.

Being a site administrator or a Jira administrator doesn't mean that you already have permissions on all projects, but you will have the ability to add yourself as admin on a project.

Regards,
Angélica

Marco Van Deventer November 5, 2020

Hi Angelica,

That worked, thanks for your help.

I have another question:

Is it possible to add customers to software projects? There doesn't seem to be an option to add a customer to a software project in the same way as for a service desk.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2020

I'm glad that it's working! Thank you for sharing. 

Regarding adding customers to Jira Software, this is not possible. Jira Software is for internal teams and they need to be licensed in order to create, view, or add comment on issues. 

There is a feature suggesting to add a customer portal for Software and Business projects:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events