Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't we change the Request Type value through automation in JSM?

Guhan March 10, 2021

1. When a customer creates a ticket in JSM through e-mail, the Request Type field is not populated.

2. JSM documentation shows that we can set the value for Request Type based on the issue type via Automation but the automation process is not allowing the field to be editable. 

3. I knew we can go and edit the Request Type field via Issue Edit screen but why do I need to edit every ticket when there is a process called 'Automation'?

4. I should be able transition the issue automatically to another status by setting up the correct Request Type and move the ticket to the right queue. 

Any JSM masters or Atlassian product support can help to answer the question. 

Any answer that suggests to buy another add on may not be an acceptable answer!Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 8.39.53 AM.png

2 answers

0 votes
nmenere
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2021

Hi Guhan,

Unfortunately we are actively trying to close the gap from the previous automation engine to the new/current one. One of those gaps is being able to set/edit the Request Type.

We are currently tracking this at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75020

Cheers,
Nick Menere
Automation Group Product Manager

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

1) actually there is a RT associated with the email request but it is a singular value

2) you must change the issue type before you can change RT as the RTs are associated with the issuetype. You likely will need to include a refresh action after the issuetype change. 

let me know if you get further or not. I have not implemented this specific use case. 

Guhan March 12, 2021

Jack, Tried the automation to change the issuetype, but not available in Cloud version. I would prefer direct approach in this case and opening a ticket with Atlassian. It is not just on the process of creating ticket via e-mail, it also has the same issue when the ticket was created through MS Teams.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events