Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't my customers view help desk articles?

Dr Anthony Close June 9, 2021

I have multiple help desk articles but when a customer clicks on them it says they are restricted from viewing.

2 answers

0 votes
Dr Anthony Close July 23, 2021

Hi Brant,

I appreciate your answer.

The solution was - I had to pay to open up access settings.  I don't know why that isn't clearer.  Just a simple notification at the start would have been great.  For months we were attaching help desk articles to support tickets and no one could read them leaving us scratching our heads.

Like why would you make it seem that it all there - turn key but doesn't work as intended?
Its so simple to click add how-to-article but never does it say "Hey, your customers can't see this, pay $x to turn it on".

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

@Dr Anthony Close Great feedback.  I will tag Atlassian on this so they are aware of the issue.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

@Dr Anthony Close Can you please expand on how they are accessing them.  They will have to access them via Jira Service Management in order to see them.  If you are providing them links to Confluence then they will get the restricted error.

Please also make sure that you followed all these steps. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-a-knowledge-base-so-customers-can-serve-themselves/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events