Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why can't my customers view help desk articles?

I have multiple help desk articles but when a customer clicks on them it says they are restricted from viewing.

2 answers

Hi Brant,

I appreciate your answer.

The solution was - I had to pay to open up access settings.  I don't know why that isn't clearer.  Just a simple notification at the start would have been great.  For months we were attaching help desk articles to support tickets and no one could read them leaving us scratching our heads.

Like why would you make it seem that it all there - turn key but doesn't work as intended?
Its so simple to click add how-to-article but never does it say "Hey, your customers can't see this, pay $x to turn it on".

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jul 23, 2021

@getlabme Great feedback.  I will tag Atlassian on this so they are aware of the issue.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jun 09, 2021

@getlabme Can you please expand on how they are accessing them.  They will have to access them via Jira Service Management in order to see them.  If you are providing them links to Confluence then they will get the restricted error.

Please also make sure that you followed all these steps. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-a-knowledge-base-so-customers-can-serve-themselves/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

763 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you