Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I make changes to my service project tickets on Jira cloud?

Sureka Manikandan May 23, 2023

Being an admin, I am unable to make any changes/actions to the tickets. It says "You don't have permission to transition this issue". My board has upgraded to the Standard plan but it still not allowing me to perform any updates to the issues. 

Can someone please advise me to understand what went wrong along with a solution?

Screenshot 2023-05-23 152603.png

1 answer

0 votes
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Sureka Manikandan, welcome to the community!

It seems like this related to the Project Permission. Please verify if you have "Transition Issues" permission and also if you have product access.

You can read more about company project managed permissions here: 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/permissions-for-company-managed-projects/

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Melo

Sureka Manikandan May 23, 2023

Hello Melo, 

Thanks for your response. Permission wise all are fine. What did you mean to exactly do with product access? Can you explain a bit more?

Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Sureka Manikandan

By product I mean JSM, Jira, Confluence etc. Each one of them are considered a different product and you usually will manage it through groups. 

Assuming you have the permission, you can go to Settings>Products>Product Access>Manage Access (for the selected Product) there you can manage the access.

You can also follow the steps described here: https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/give-users-access-to-products/

Thanks,

Melo

Sureka Manikandan May 25, 2023

Thanks Melo. I will try it out.

Like Melo likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders