Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I create knowledge base link between JSM and Confluence

Jussi Sarén April 28, 2021

I'm a site admin of our Jira/JSM/Confluence and I have administrative permissions for a JSM project and confluence space. I try to link the confluence space as a knowledge base to my JSM project, but the linking fails (HTTP 403). The only error message I can see is "We couldn't link the space 'XYZ'\n refresh the page and try again"

The global permissions of Confluence are set to allow JSM user to use confluence and view user profile

Is there something I'm missing here? I have tried to Google the issue and to see instruction articles but without success...

Edit:

Also I'm unable to create a Confluence space from JSM side, but from Confluence I have no issues. When I try to create a space from JSM project settings, I get follwing error:

JSM-Confluence.PNG

However, Confluence is not down or my permissions (as a site admin with full privileges) shouldn't be the issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

@Jussi Sarén I would recommend going through the step-by-step guide thoroughly, each section has some very useful tips and tricks and things to look out for, such as making sure the permissions/configuration items are all set correctly.

Hopefully this helps!

Jussi Sarén April 28, 2021

Thanks @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ for the link. I have carafully read the instructions but I wasn't able to solve the issue. For me, as a software engineer, it looks like issue is caused by a permission problem, but all the permission mentioned here are met but still I'm unable to link the Confluence space with my JSM project. I also checked that I'm having a "company-managed" project so the linked article should apply on this case.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

@Jussi Sarén Under the 'User Groups' tab in the global permissions, are you definitely within one of the groups which has the Create Space permission?

If you are, and you have correctly followed the steps within the linked documentation without any luck, then I might suggest raising a support ticket with Atlassian as it could be a bug or other technical issue

Jussi Sarén May 4, 2021

@Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_  yes. I belong into administrators group which has both, create space and personal space permissions. I have also created spaces directly in Confluence lately so that shouldn't be the issue. Maybe I'm going to raise a support request. 

Jussi Sarén May 13, 2021

We got this issue solved with Atlassian support. There was a permission issue. My JSM project's permission set didn't grant "Service Project Agent" permission to our "Administrators" group and that was the issue. The need of this permission (even if it's now obvious) wasn't mentioned in the step-by-step guide and therefore I wasn't able to self-diagnose this by myself. However I requested Atlassian to update the instuctions so that the demand of  the permission would be mentioned.

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2021

@Jussi Sarén I'm glad you've got it all sorted! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events