Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not add a customer using a business email?

Maiwand Hussain July 7, 2021

After attempting to add a customer to a project, we get the following error message: 

Successfully added 0 customers. 

The following customers could not be added: 

a*****@o****.com

Please check the email addresses and try again. 

Another point to add is that when my colleague attempted to create an account to raise a ticket, they do not receive the verification email.

Can we please get some assistance?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hello @Maiwand Hussain,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When this message appears, it can be related to the customer already being created on the ticket, but inactive or they already have permission to the project.

Can you please ask your site administrator to go to Cog icon > User management > Jira Service Management and check if the customer already has an account.

Also, ask them to check under Users to make sure that no account exists with the same email address and is inactive. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 13.45.55.png

Checking the details of your site, there is an inactive user that matches with the email address you mentioned, so if that’s the same you are trying to invite, then it’s necessary to delete the account, so you can invite again or let them active and remove the groups, so they won’t count towards a license.

Regarding the notification, I found only one affected account. There was a bounce related to the following error: 

550: 550 Invalid Recipient - https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#550 [FfFccSl9OHepCYkz6qixxw.uk125]

I removed the bounce, so they should receive notifications now.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Maiwand Hussain July 9, 2021

Thank you Angelica! 

We managed to get the relevant account working. 

Many thanks, 

Maiwand

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events