Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are tickets created with a resolution code 'DONE'?

Nir Malchy November 10, 2020

DONE.png

Greetings, my fellow Jira users.

Lately, tickets are created via the portal or directly in ira, are created with a "Resolution Code" 'DONE.' I am not sure if this is a bug, but it never happened before. This obviously throws off any queue that is set to find 'Unresolved' tickets.

Any insight here?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2020

Hi @Nir Malchy 

Check if you have any automation rule and also check the post function in your workflow.

Ravi

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2020

Have you put the resolution field on the "create issue" screen?

Nir Malchy November 12, 2020

Thank you for asking @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I have not. The "create issue" screen does not include the 'resolution' field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

Ok, that's the most common culprit behind this behaviour, worth ruling out before going into a load more detail.

If the resolution is not being set because it is on the create screen, then it must be being set by something else.  The next most likely culprits are a post-function, automation or listener doing it, and there are some other things too.

To narrow it down a bit more, could you create a new issue, give it 30 seconds and then look at its "history" tab - does that show a change of resolution?

Nir Malchy May 13, 2021

Ni @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

Thank you for your help.

I made a quick video on what happens when I create a new issue.

The 'Resolution' field is not there until I click 'Create', and then it 'pops' into the form. How strange...

I made a quick video for you:

https://www.loom.com/share/6b6cadbe0b0e40d4a79c370a35d30e41

I hope that helps!

Thanks again!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2021

So, you do have the resolution field on-screen.

I wouldn't worry about the "pops on screen", it will go away when you remove the resolution from the create screen - you need rid of it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events