Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are all messages received in Outlook from Jira always repeated?

Tran Thi Bao Nguyen August 31, 2022

When we receive service support messages (from Jira) to our Outlook, it always repeats (Duplicate) in our Outlook.
Please tell me the cause and how to fix it?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hi @Tran Thi Bao Nguyen and welcome to the community

• Is it the exact same message, or it has small differences in one or multiple places?
  • Do you receive the duplicate emails during specific steps on the workflow, or with every step of the issue?
  • Does this happen in all projects, or only on one?
  • Are other having the same problem as you?
Tran Thi Bao Nguyen September 1, 2022

Dear @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

we would like to answer your questions as below.

• Is it the exact same message? => yes, it is the same message. Please refer picture 08cda89d-377b-4ebe-8612-e912c6a52947.png
  • User receive duplicate email with every step of the issue
  • Currently, this happens with account bruce.ching@tdk.com. We are not affected user, and only support for user's inquiry. Our project is HPE M365 Helpdesk (https://hpevietnamjsd.atlassian.net/jira/projects). The affected ticket ID is FCP-3043
  • Up to now, only one user complaints about this problem.

Hope our information will be helpful for the investigation.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

@Tran Thi Bao Nguyen 

I see the problem now. But I wouldn't bother with it, if the problem is just for one user, and one specific ticket. If the same is not happening to the rest of the users for the same project and for the same event (issue commented), then I wouldn't get into trouble.

If that user click on "view the email message on browser" how does it look?

In the picture which user provided, we cannot find where to click on "view the email message on browser" for testing. Besides, I think affected user receives email on Outlook app.

Please advise us. 

Thanks

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

@Tran Thi Bao Nguyen 

Outlook, the desktop client, imho is a piece of $h1t. I hate it and it causes huge problems to the responsiveness of tables, images etc. Web outlook (aka office 365) is another story though. Take a look below:

click here.png

I would like to thank you for your guidance.

We will ask user to test and back to you soon.

Please wait for our next update

Thanks.

Our user feedback that when he clicked on "click here to view on a web", he got the same result in a web browser and message repeated

Please advise us.

Thank you

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

@Tran Thi Bao Nguyen my advice is the following:

• If this problem occurred only once and
  • If the problem affects only one user

Then I wouldn't go very into investigating it. If for all other users, notifications are being delivered as it should be, then the problem lies within the user.

Can you reproduce that problem? That user is a customer or a jira user?

- This problem happens many times, when we send message to user on Jira, he always get repeat message with the same content in Outlook as the picture we provided in the previous email

- The problem affects only one user

Sorry,. Could you please clarify us a customer and jira user?

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2022

A jira user holds a JSM license and can receive internal notifications.

A customer hold no license and receives only customers notifications.

Both of the above may receive additional email notifications via post functions within workflows.

If the problem affects only one user and only on outlook, my guess would be that that user, or the outlook has a problem.

Notifications are identical for all users and customer correspondingly.

• Try to replicate/reproduce the notification to another user who has outlook. Does the same problem appears?
  • Try to replicate/reproduce the notification to another user who has another email client. Does the same problem appears?
  • If this notifications is being sent out when a user/agent comments, then I would seek advice from atlassian (support.atlassian.com)
Tran Thi Bao Nguyen September 2, 2022

- Try to replicate/reproduce the notification to another user who has outlook. Does the same problem appears? => No
- Try to replicate/reproduce the notification to another user who has another email client. Does the same problem appears? => No

Could you seek advice and tell us how to fix it?

Thank you.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2022

@Tran Thi Bao Nguyen no, I can't seek advice for you. You have to raise a request to Atlassian and grant them access to your instance.

Tran Thi Bao Nguyen September 2, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

Thank you for the advice. I already asked Atlassian support for further investigation. Hope they can fix this problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events