Why am I no longer receiving Jira issues email notifications?

Felipe Dorocinski October 28, 2020

Hi,

Recently i had created a new Service Desk project, however, one of my costumer asked about the possibility of send the email notifications (created issues, updated issues) to an other email account. Okay, as we were using the same notification scheme for all projects, i made a decision to copy the old one, renamed and adding his email and mine, as well, in order to do a test. 

Although everything looks good at least for me, im not receiving the notifications as I am in the others projects. As you can see above, i tried in many ways to do it, adding a single email address, a single user, and also, indexed the project twice. 1.png

Please, could you help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2020

Hi @Felipe Dorocinski 

Welcome to community! One thing you have to understand about Jira Service desk is that there are two notifications systems one for agents (Jira Notifications - the page you are on) and customer notifications (the notifications that is delivered to customer portal users).

Now, if your customer is a Portal only customer, diverting the notification to another email address is not possible due to the below reasons

1. Customer users receives Customer notifications and not Jira notifications.
  2. For a user on Jira to receive notifications, they have to be licensed users.

Given that your customer's email doesn't fall under No. 2 above, therefore it's not possible. The recommended step here is to ask your customer if they want you to create a new account with that email address. Then you can create an Organization specifically for that customer and add both emails there. Then you can ensure that Organization field is added to the request type issue view screen. So anytime the main email creates a request it is shared with the Organization. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events