Where to find the data that people input in popup screens

Deleted user May 13, 2021

Hi community, 

I have enabled popup screens between transitions in my Jira service workflow (e.g. when someone clicks to move status to "reviewed" status, a screen pops up and they have to add detail of the testing that they completed to review the ticket). I added the screen to the transition from "waiting for review" to "reviewed".

The screen works well, but my question is: where can I find the data that is filled out on the screen (e.g., the testing that people completed)? It doesn't show up in Comments or History in the main issue ticket. (I'm an admin for both the product and our site admin)

Where can I find all of the completed pop-up screen data? 

Thanks so much! 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

@[deleted] -

Hi Natalie:

You will need to ensure all of the fields that used in your Pop-up screens are added in your project's View issue screen.  This way you will see those fields data when you viewing the issue.

One key factor that you need to determine is that do you want users (i.e Agents) to be able to edit those fields (after they are populated via WF pop-up screens).  If yes, then you will also need to add them to your Edit issue screen.   Typically, if a field is populated via WF pop-up screen (controlled via WF), then it should be READ ONLY once it is populated.  It is all depend on your business process rules.

Hope this helps,

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Deleted user May 13, 2021

Thank you so much, Joseph! 

This is exactly what I needed, and thank you for your tips if we should include those fields in "Edit Issue" screen or not. 

Thanks!

Natalie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events