Where is "Create Linked Issue"?

Joel Richardson December 5, 2020

I'm new to the service desk interface. I'm trying to create a linked issue from a service desk ticket. I can find this option under the More menu, but only in the old issue view. I've looked everywhere I can think of in the new view and I just can't find it. Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2020

Hi Joel, welcome to the Community. While it used to be under More, the option now appears in the Link issue area. Click on the chain-link icon and select link issue the you should see the Create linked issue option there. 

Joel Richardson December 6, 2020

Thank you!

Cathy Tanguay February 22, 2021

Hi Jack, I still have the option under the "More" button for Business projects. But it's not there for Software projects???

And I don't see the "Link issue area" you speak in you answer. Can you show me with a print-screen? 

FYI : I am in JIRA (not JSD)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

CLI does not apply to Software projects. It was originally only JSM (JSD) but later added to Business but not SW.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2021

oh... and when you look at an issue in the detail view and click on the Link issue you will get the linked area see below image from business project

2021-02-22_14-29-00.jpg

Cathy Tanguay February 22, 2021

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders