cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has the red padlock gone?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2020

The 'red padlock' for changing issue security seems to have disappeared from my tickets - it was there until recently and I don't think I have done anything.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2020

Hi @Liam Green

For me the black padlock only appeared when I added the field "security level" to my screen.

Once a security level was set it turned red :) (so perhaps you're missing the black/blue padlock?)

Was maybe your screen edited, can you double check if the field is on your screen configuration?

image.png

image.png

edit: and removing the field from the screen indeed removes the padlock.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2020

Thanks @Dirk Ronsmans 

That was the issue!  I have the level set, but not the field visible.

As it turns out, it's really helpful not having it displayed as it means the agent can't edit it - but I was worried for a while that it just wasn't registering.

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly! 

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Ryan Cabanas November 16, 2020

@Liam Green I think you can control who has the permissions to change this field by adjusting the "Set Issue Security" permissions in the "Permission Scheme" associated with your project, right?

Like Liam Green likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events