Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the update on the issue view finish?

Didem Aksaray December 10, 2020

Hi All,

I came across a warning on our JIRA SD Cloud page about the update of the issue view. Is there anyone knowing when it will be complete? Some of the functions like issue linking does not work properly in the new view and we need to switch to the old view to perform it. 

Thanks in advance.

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2020

Hi Didem,

Liam and Jack already said something to the technical aspects.

The whole picture is, indeed, an ongoing optimization of the UI.

There has been released an interview this week which helps to understand what is happening right now - along with the promise that everything will be better in the end.
Currently, and I can absolutetly relate to that, it is lots of work to do and like in every good project some side effects that now affect all of us.

In case you want to watch here is the link - I found it quite open and full of good information:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Cloud-Migration/Hear-about-cloud-performance-from-the-Head-of-Product-for-Jira/ba-p/1553641

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Didem Aksaray 

31 Mar 2021 is when the 'old view' will be turned off

Regards, Liam

Hi Liam, 

Thanks very much for your answer. I assume all features will be carried over to the new view and they will work fine since then, right?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2020

Hi Didem

I'd expect that most should work if Atlassian are choosing to move on this date.  I expect they would push back if there were major problems.

You said that linking tickets does not work correctly - can I ask why?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

the new view doesn't impact "feature functionality" but it may at times seem like it does. For example, presentation of issuetype in the new view vs. the old view. ;-)

Hi Liam,

In the new view, we couldn't find this Link screen. In the old view, we can access it by clicking on the three dots icon (...) on the right hand side and choosing the Link option in the dropdown menu, however, we cannot do the same in the new view. image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events