When transferring a project to the new ITSM template, will all the historic tickets be accessible?

Jason Selby July 1, 2021

I am in the middle of transferring to the new ITSM template from the standard Service Template withing Jira Service Management. Will all historic tickets be accessible for audits and what will happen to the original project key (reference number?)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

I guess that depends on how you are “transferring” The issues from one project to another. Are you simply using the move function or something else?

Jason Selby July 1, 2021

I am following these instructions. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/can-i-move-my-existing-project-to-the-new-itsm-template/ so will be Bulk Moving 'All Issues' when everything is replicated from one project to the other...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Yep that is the “move” approach. If you follow that process then yes you should preserve all issues as part of the move. Note that your issue keys will be different but all tickets should exist.

Jason Selby July 1, 2021

Thanks Jack. So to confirm, i will be able to search on the original issue key ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

No. The old issue key will be gone.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

You might consider creating a custom field (OldKey) and run an automation to copy the issue key into that field then ensure the new project retains that custom field. I have not done this but should work.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events