Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

When creating tickets from Slack, can Description be prepopulated by default instead of Summary?

Edited
Julia Di I'm New Here May 27, 2022

With Atlassian Assist, Jira's conversational ticketing tool, when creating tickets from Slack chat, is there a way to change which field pre-populates? Currently when one creates a ticket, the Slack message prepopulates the Summary field. Is there a way to customize this so that it prepopulates the Description field, and I have the user type in the summary?

For example, if I create a slack message that says "TEST MESSAGE 12345 TEST MESSAGE 12345 TEST MESSAGE 12345" and react to it with the :ticket: emoji, the pop-up prepopulates the Summary field. I would like it to pre-populate the Description field.
Screenshot from 2022-05-27 12-19-41.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

309 views 3 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you