Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When creating tickets from Slack, can Description be prepopulated by default instead of Summary?

Julia Di May 27, 2022

With Atlassian Assist, Jira's conversational ticketing tool, when creating tickets from Slack chat, is there a way to change which field pre-populates? Currently when one creates a ticket, the Slack message prepopulates the Summary field. Is there a way to customize this so that it prepopulates the Description field, and I have the user type in the summary?

For example, if I create a slack message that says "TEST MESSAGE 12345 TEST MESSAGE 12345 TEST MESSAGE 12345" and react to it with the :ticket: emoji, the pop-up prepopulates the Summary field. I would like it to pre-populate the Description field.
Screenshot from 2022-05-27 12-19-41.png

1 answer

1 vote
Siamak Haschemi February 24, 2023

We are also faced with the same problem. The summary field is length-restricted (255), and the description field also but with more allows text (3000). We also want the description field to be populated.

What I currently need to do is to copy the Slack text, before I create a JIRA ticket in Slack (using the :ticket: emoji), and paste it into the Description field. I always forget this, and it's annoying.

Best, Siamak

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events