Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a ticket is opened from an email, the agent responses are not being received by the customer

Austin Tristan December 29, 2020

When a ticket is opened from an email, the agents responses on the ticket are not being received by the customer via email.

The confirmation email is received as well as when the status is updated, but when an agent clicks "reply to customer" and enters a note, the note does not appear to be sent out or received by the customer.

How can I get this to work properly?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

Austin,

Can you check the customer notifications.  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-notifications-for-your-customers-and-team/  Check and make sure that the Public Comment Added is enabled.  You can get to the customer notifications by:

Next-Gen

1. Project Settings
  2. Notifications
  3. Customer Notifications

Classic Project

1. Project Settings
  2. Customer Notifications
Austin Tristan December 29, 2020

The Issue Commented section has:
- All Watchers
- Current Assignee
- Reporter

Yet the reporter is still not getting any email notification that a reply note has been made on the ticket, am I missing some other setting, perhaps with the outgoing mail? I am using a demo of JSM right now and System > Outgoing Mail section only has enable or disable fields.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

You are looking at the notification scheme, please take a look at the customer notifications.  Is Public Comment enabled?

Austin Tristan December 30, 2020

Thanks for clarifying, yes it is enabled. I was able to confirm that when a customer opens a ticket using an email sent from a Gmail account, the public comments are being received back at that email address, although, if a customer opens a ticket using Outlook, the initial ticket creation email is received, however, none of the public comment notifications are. Any idea what could be causing that to happen?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2020

So it sounds like notifications are working correctly on the application but could be a filtering issue.  When you say customers using outlook do not get responses on comments are these customers all from the same company or are from different companies using outlook?  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events