cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When New Service Management will be deploy to customer instances

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

Dear all,

I am working for a customer who has a Jira cloud Instance running in prod.
We have setup different Jira service desk request and automation rule in order to cover customer needs.

Following the announcement of Jira Service Management, I would like to know the following in order to informed correctly my customer and elaborate necessary steps

1. When my customer cloud instance is supposed to be updated, which date plan, what is the deploy policy  ?
  2. My customer has a running cloud instance running in Production so far, does the Service Management update might affect the running Prod ? (We try to anticipate potential issue)

Thanks for those information

Regards

2 answers

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

Hi @serge calderara ,

Like @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ says, normally your instance should already have the rename and the new templates available.

To clarify there will not be any visible change to your exising projects. You will be able to create a new JSM project based on the Jira Service Management project.

That project will have new features available such as the Service Registry and Ticket Categories (and much more)

A clear "migration"/"convertion" path is not yet available.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

Hi @serge calderara 

Based on our Cloud instances, all have received the update already.

You should receive a notification (as an Admin) notifying you of the new update when you first login, but you can also check for it in the product selection menu (the square in top-left) to see if Jira Service Desk is now called Jira Service Management!

As far as I can tell it had no impact on our existing Service Desks aside from the name change.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events