Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What text to display below the Title

Chase, Walter April 6, 2023

I created an Article and it is correctly showing up as I search for the topic in the portal.
However below the Title it is displaying the very last sentence of the article (which is not directly related to the article, it was a 'good-to-know" item.

Why doesn't the first sentence display (why is it the last sentence) and what can I do to get a better sentence description underneath the article?  

In the screen shot below, the last sentence of the Article "Note: we cannot use Single Sign On (SSO)..." is just a "good-to-know" item and will scare away users from selecting the Article.   

Whereas the first sentence of the Article (not pictured) contains helpful supporting description and will encourage users to select the article

image.png

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

@Chase, Walter -

Welcome to the community.  Can you verify if this is how you created the article using the following reference link - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/feature-an-knowledge-base-article/ ?

If so, the article is typically hosted in your Confluence env.  I believe, it is showing the key words identified in the article content as what you key in the Summary field.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events