Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's supposed to happen when you chose an Organization to Share with , from portal ?

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2022

When creating a ticket in the Portal page , you can share issues with whatever organization you  belong to , what's supposed to happen when you select one and submit the issue ? 

An email notification ?

A Jira notification ? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

Hi @Sierra - Under Customer Notification settings for the project, there is a notification toggle for Organization Added which is described as:

When a request is shared to an organization, your service project notifies the organization's members so they can opt-in to further updates.

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2022

@Hi @Mark Segall  , I just found this explanation as well "Jira Service Management agents can share requests with other Jira team members. People who have the request shared with them can interact with customers in the portal. Jira team members who have a request shared with them can: View requests in the portal." 

So when I tested this out, no one in my organization I shared the issue with received any type of notification to "opt in". 

I guess this just means that if this user is strictly a portal user , then they can see the other portal users issue in the portal. Which they usually cannot due to portal users only being able to view issues they create. Is the conclusion I'm coming to. 

Does that sound right ?

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

I guess this just means that if this user is strictly a portal user , then they can see the other portal users issue in the portal. Which they usually cannot due to portal users only being able to view issues they create. Is the conclusion I'm coming to. 

This is correct.  Organization is a means of grouping customers. 

If you want your company to have visibility and get notified of every new request (not typically something people want), you could create an Organization and add everyone from your company to it.  Again, I caution with this approach unless you're ok with spamming your company on every new request and have no privacy concerns.

Like Sierra likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events