Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to handel escalation with external providers

Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2020

Hi,

I have a scenario,  when customer reports some issue, team investigate it and once they found it belongs to one of their services providers who is not on service desk, they will create a ticket on their portal or send rthem email and then for reference they need to create one ticket on their on portal.

I need suggestions/ best practices to achieve this.

Currently i have two ways  to do this.

1- Create a sub task inside same request 

2- Create another ticket and link it with the customer request. 

Could you please suggest any better way or out of these which one is perfect way to do so

1 answer

1 vote
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2020

If you have found out that you can't solve the problem, but a third party has to do this, you should set the issue on Pending (or another waiting state) with a pending reason and a due date (which you agreed upon with the third party). Then you can create a queue where these issues ask your attention once the due date is over or once you got a reaction from the third party. I see no need to create a secondary ticket (sub-task or another request)

Erik Vanderstraeten February 22, 2021

We are also thinking about creating a linked request in another project, dedicated for 'external communication'.

Because we want to avoid agents to have to send mails from their personal mailboxes.
If we have all communication inside Jira, any agent can follow-up on a ticket.
Which is desirable in case an agents gets sick, is on vacation or leaves the company.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events