• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What is the best way to handel escalation with external providers

Hi,

I have a scenario,  when customer reports some issue, team investigate it and once they found it belongs to one of their services providers who is not on service desk, they will create a ticket on their portal or send rthem email and then for reference they need to create one ticket on their on portal.

I need suggestions/ best practices to achieve this.

Currently i have two ways  to do this.

1- Create a sub task inside same request 

2- Create another ticket and link it with the customer request. 

Could you please suggest any better way or out of these which one is perfect way to do so

1 answer

If you have found out that you can't solve the problem, but a third party has to do this, you should set the issue on Pending (or another waiting state) with a pending reason and a due date (which you agreed upon with the third party). Then you can create a queue where these issues ask your attention once the due date is over or once you got a reaction from the third party. I see no need to create a secondary ticket (sub-task or another request)

We are also thinking about creating a linked request in another project, dedicated for 'external communication'.

Because we want to avoid agents to have to send mails from their personal mailboxes.
If we have all communication inside Jira, any agent can follow-up on a ticket.
Which is desirable in case an agents gets sick, is on vacation or leaves the company.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

227 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you