What is the New Automation event that can replace the "Organization added to issue" event?

Nir Malchy May 13, 2021

Hello, friends!

I am trying to set a custom notification scheme.

I want to implement it in the new "Project Automation" rather than the "Legacy Automation"

The "Legacy Automation" has a trigger named "Organization added to issue."

I need to find the same trigger in the "Project Automation" that will replace this in the Client notifications scheme.

What is the trigger I should use that can replace the "Organization added to issue" trigger?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

You should be able to trigger it using the Field value change trigger and then check on the field Organization.

Nir Malchy May 13, 2021

Thank you @Mikael Sandberg !

How do I use the Project Automaton to send emails the same way "Added Organizations" is in the legacy automation?

I am looking for a way to send email to all the 'Customers' under the 'Organization', the same way as shown in the attached screenshot.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 3.30.47 PM.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

I do not see a smart value that would get you all the emails within an Organization, so  I do not think that is possible at the moment. But since it is an option in the legacy automation, my guess is that Atlassian will implement something similar in the new automation.

Like Nir Malchy likes this
Nir Malchy May 13, 2021

Thank you @Mikael Sandberg 

One last question:

Can create two rules that will complement each other, one in the legacy automation, and one in the new automation, and expect them both to trigger together?

Let's say - I have two cases I need to cover

• Legacy automation will cover case 1
  • New Automation will cover Case 2

What do you think? Would you like me to test and let you know?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2021

Yes, that should work.

Like Nir Malchy likes this
Nir Malchy May 14, 2021

@Mikael Sandberg 

I sincerely appreciate your responsiveness and your answering my questions!

Have a good weekend!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2021

@Nir Malchy You're welcome! And I hope you have a good weekend too!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events