What is the Bets way to customize the issue layout for agents

Meir Ben Salmon October 10, 2020

I am trying to change the layout that my agents are using to view and handle issues. 

I understand that this is quite limited, so was wondering if someone can recommend on a good app that can address this issue. 

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2020

Are you talking about Queues? “Best” is subjective and it largely depends on many factors that define how your team works. So a bit difficult to say but will give you my view...

• if you have few agents then create a queue for each. You do t want too many queues.
  • you might consider queues by area, e.g. for IT JSD project: Network, PC, Phone, Employee Actions, etc...
  • in you queues include the fields that are useful to the agent, e.g. those that can be changed within the queue view, e.g. status, assignee
  • include the SLA field as leftmost column and sort by that field so that team/agent is focused on the ones that have or are about to breach 
  • if you employee Escalation in your workflow then include a queue for this and place at the top

Hi Jack 

Thanks for the quick reply! i was actually referring to the actual layout of the page. 

How does the page look, where are the different fields are located and how are they grouped... 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2020

I assume by page you mean the detailed issue view. That is really subjective. One way is to simply place the most used fields at the top and least at the bottom or even hide the least in the “more fields” area. Another approach is to group like field types: user fields, date fields, qualifying fields, etc.

I recommend interviewing your user base to find out what works for them.

Thanks, Jack.  yes, I am referring to the detailed issue view. However, I do not want to use the regular Jira layout where all of the fields are listed on the right of the screen, but rather change that so they are placed at the top and grouped by different titles. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2020

Well you can’t accomplish that. You are limited to the confines of how Atlassian has structured the view.

i guess i need to be more specific - sorry. For example, I would like to group a few fields, under ' case details' and place them at the top of the screen Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 18.52.12.pngas seen in the attached screenshot). 

Alternetavllly, I would like to maybe have a header with the key, type, status, owner. 

Thanks Jack. Are you familiar with any apps that may help with this? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2020

TBH I am not. However, I’m not sure any exists for cloud. Here is something I found for server - issuelayout-change-the-issue-design 

Dan W October 12, 2020

Not sure if this is available in cloud or not, we are on DataCenter.  We add tabs on the screen definitions and place the fields in those tabs.

One caveat, the tabs aren't visible if there isn't a field on at least 2 of the tabs that are populated.    If there is only 1 tab with fields populated it displays the fields in the details section.  So the view isn't consistent with every issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events