Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when automation rule execution limit is reached?

Chris Fortmueller February 4, 2021

We are on the Standard Plan for Jira Service Management. According to https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/pricing we have 500 global/multi-project automation rule executions per month.

automation & pricing.png

What happens if and when we hit that limit? Will global/multi-project automation rules simply be stopped from executing at that point? Or will we be charged on a per-execution-basis?

4 answers

4 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

The rule triggers will fail until the monthly reset.

Thanks Jack!

3 votes
Answer accepted
Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2021

Hi Chris, I am pretty sure at Atlassian we don't charge on a per execution basis. What is more likely is that you will be stopped from execution at that point.

I am not from that team but I am finding out for you and will get back to this when I know.

Thanks!

Liron

Thanks Liron!

Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2021

Yep confirmed this is the case, as Jack said above. All the best!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alun Williams May 12, 2022

I assume/hope that project specific automations continue to run when this global/multi-project limit is reached?

1 vote
Answer accepted
Xpand IT Support Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2022

When the automation limit is reached, it would make more sense maybe to start a "pay as you go" action rather than stopping the feature and impacting the customer operation. This "pay as you go" could be an option on the system. The customer would be notified of course, but he wouldn´t mind I guess because this way is operation is always ensured.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events