Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What drives Knowledge Base Related Articles?

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2021

We've recently set up Confluence and are working to build some KB articles. However, I notice that the Knowledge base field shows all the articles as "related articles". including the Knowledge base space. What drives the association? Is there any way to tighten this down? I currently only have a couple of pages setup - is it possible that it's showing everything because of the limited number of pages available? Thanks for any help with this.
(JSM & Confluence are Premium Cloud versions.)

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Letch December 15, 2021

Go to the Knowledge base settings in the associated Jira project. You can refine what comes up based on labels.

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2021

So there's no true relevance searching going on then - just a choice of all articles, or limited articles based on tags? That's sort of disappointing. Thanks for the info.

Well no it searches titles and content of the articles. Here's some of mine. It brings up the kb's and the relevant request type. The results start to get less relevant from the 3rd page onward as they just contain Jira OR Project.

jira project search.PNG

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2021

My problem is in the JSM issue view - Knowledge base shows up as a field and lists related articles:

Capture2.JPG

But those 3 related articles include the Knowledgebase space and a template page. I was hoping that the "related articles" would be related to the JSM issue.

Capture.JPG

Cant speak to Cloud as I'm on Server but my relevance is decent, also you can exclude on the portal per quest type which MAY restrict the ones that show on the internal issue view.

exclude.PNG

related kb.png

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2021

I added a couple of dummy articles, and now I'm seeing a subset of "related" articles - maybe I needed more than just the 2 pages that I had originally?

It's still showing the space as one of the results, but that may change as I add more articles. 

Thanks for the information - it's not quite as dire as I thought originally 😃

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events