What are your main challenges in ITSM processes with JSM?

Britta Neugebauer _yasoon_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 19, 2021

The last year brought about massive changes in how businesses operate their ITSM models. Organizations are compelled to embrace modern technologies and build processes for a larger scale and scope. Luckily, platforms like Jira Service Management allow them to work effectively in these hybrid operating times.

As we are trying to set our product roadmap for yasoon (Platinum Marketplace Partner) in accordance with the needs of ITSM teams, I have a specific question: 

What are your main challenges in ITSM processes with JSM?

o We want to improve our time-to-resolution.

o We are hitting a wall trying to improve our customer satisfaction.

o Our internal customers aren't using the JSM portal to create tickets.

o We have problems adapting our ITSM processes to changing trends, like hybrid work, new communication tools, etc.

Thank you for quick insights or further qualitative feedback, as well.

Cheers,

Britta

7 comments

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2021

Hello @Britta Neugebauer _yasoon_ !

One of the most common issues I see is not everyone using priorities and urgency as agreed to. Everything is highest priority to everyone.  :-D 

Like # people like this
said kouzibry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2021

Depending on the contractual relationship with customers, this can be solved by setting up different costs for each priority.

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2021

Its currently internal, but I like that approach.

Daniel Kielmann August 12, 2021

Since we are growing very fast, we lack of enough knowledge and regulations in using the Atlassian software stack. So a lot of projects are using the tools in a very intense manner, but none of the projects use it the same way. Currently we suspect, that training the tools and standards is just one way to bring that knowledge into the company - another way could be making the tools and implemented processes more self explaining and intuitive. That would be nice to have, since something like that could be implemented quite automatically

Like # people like this
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 13, 2021

I like that idea, thank you very much @Daniel Kielmann !

said kouzibry
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2021

The biggest issue I have faced using JSM is showing custom fields in the portal (Requests list)

WasimBuden October 7, 2021

@Britta Neugebauer _yasoon_ 

Here is my list,

1. Customer experience, any ITSM tool is the main interface b between and ORG and its customers. On JSM the biggest issue, that most of my customers have called out is the annoying status change updates that the end-user will see every time we make a transition. Atlassian said, we can limit many internal statuses to few external statuses, but this limits the whole purpose of us building a desired workflow with various statuses that we want to show to our customers, with which they can understand how we're doing. See this is pure customer expectation that's impacted big time and it's open for years!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5981

2. Jira has recently discontinued the support for domain names, how can I differentiate tickets created by my customers and internal employees? If the tool is meant to customer support and tickets shared with the customer how can we track these?

~Wasim

Marketplace Partner
October 7, 2021

Thank you @WasimBuden that is great insight from your side ... 

WasimBuden October 8, 2021

You’re welcome and i hope this is considered as a critical gap, as this is directly related to our end customers experience using JSM!

Will Le October 12, 2021

Hey, 

We use Software, JSM, Insight, OpsGenie, StatusPage, Confluence however in terms of a holistic approach it does seem a tad disjointed. I understand there is on going work to improve the integrations between all platforms however it would be great to see Insight as the source of truth for all assets / CI's including services with the ability to extend "service" attributes (in it's current form it's too limited as we would like to include information such as SLA's and Product Owners). 

Formalising a structure for services is critical as this is at the core of any interaction, story or ticket that is recorded. We are finding we are sometimes duplicating services across multiple Atlassian platforms including StatusPage which can be quite painful. 

For our future use case, we would like to see Atlassian as the source for any internal requests for our whole organisation to track and have insight into user journeys so a holistic platform approach would be ideal. 

There are also limitations with the portal (forms and UI) and although there are improvements in the pipeline there are still some outstanding items that won't be resolved until at least midway through next year (user lookup fields via proforma for portal use).

Thanks

Will

Like # people like this
Marketplace Partner
October 12, 2021

Thank you @Will Le , I fully agree on the holistic platform approach! Thanks for your input.

Jan Odvárka January 26, 2022

Hi all,

during last 7 years of implementing Atlassian products I am still facing same common issues nevertheless if it is server or cloud environment.

Customers and specially these from government sector are very unpleased with customer portal limitations,… it is very often compared to products of other vendors like ServiceNow, where customization and branding of portals are absolutely different story. 

Kind regards

Jan

Like # people like this
Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2022

HI,

What we have difficulties with JSM is that the goal of having a Portal is to offer the customer a logical groupings of services, called Service Catalog. This is not possible to do this at this time because all the groups and request are linked to their JSM project. A customer doesn't care wich teams take care of his ticket.

For exemple, say Amazon, they group their offering logically and not by brand (I'm not talking about filters here). The client is looking for something, usually not a cie. It would not have been logical to offer their products by brand. It is the same with a Service Catalog. 

So the only way for us to create a logical catalog will be to implement an apps like Refined Themes for JIRA or Theme Extension for JSM.

So that is a big frustration form any ITSM teams

Carmen

Like Will Le likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events