Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to get Approvals fields used in Postfunction

Rama Krishna February 4, 2023

I recently joined as a Jira cloud admin for one of the organisation.

Here they do have a complex workflow structure like multiple approvals for a workflow and each project will have 50-60 workflows as per the business requirement.

Problem is nothing was documented and I am planning to get everything at one place for easier configurations.

Is there any simple or best way to get the workflow approval fields, I mean which custom fields are used in workflows approval process?

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2023

@Rama Krishna -

Unfortunately, there is no simple way to getting the information that you wanted.  To fully understand your current env's WFs is to access each existing WF to obtained the details.  On the other hand, you should see if the the existing WFs are shared by your existing projects. If they are then it will make your task easier.

Keep in mind having 50-60 WFs per each project doesn't make sense to me.  It is because a WF assignment is to a single issue type for the project, shared by multiple issue types within the same project, or it is shared by multiple project(s).  So 50-60 WFs per each project essentially  mean that each project will have 50-60 issue types per project.

The business requirements will make your system/project extermely hard to manage (with that many issue types and WFs per each project).

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events