Want to send Jira Service Management issues to a Kanban board from a mobile app

Elizabeth Pfotzer January 21, 2021

What would be the best way to use a mobile app for a Service Management request to relay an approved service request to a Jira Kanban board so that  a team to begin work on an issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

@Elizabeth Pfotzer 

Welcome to the community.  Couple of questions is the development team working on issues raised in the service management desk or are you creating issues for them in a software project once the service management desk issue is approved?

Elizabeth Pfotzer January 22, 2021

I guess my question is whether an API is required for an individual working "in the field," who needs to send a request to the Jira Service Management for review and approval. Once approved, that request would go directly to the Kanban board.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

You can setup a service desk and they can submit the service request on any device.  This is what I would suggest doing.  You can then use the built in approval system in the service desk to move issues forward.

Elizabeth Pfotzer January 22, 2021

Thanks so much, Brant. Verifies what I thought. Appreciate your fast response.

Elizabeth Pfotzer January 25, 2021

Brant

One important question. I want to push the ticket from Service Management to a Jira Kanban board. Can you suggest the best way to do that?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

I would setup the Kanban board to be fed by a JQL filter.  Then as new issues come in they will be automatically added based on the JQL's specified criteria.  You can also take issues of the board automatically that way.  Say resolved for X number of days.

Like Elizabeth Pfotzer likes this

Thanks so much - there are a few more particulars to sort out. Would someone be available for me to speak with at this time?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

@Elizabeth Pfotzer - We are community members and users just like you that help support each other.  If you post your questions here individuals will provide answers.  If you are looking for specific support from Atlassian you would need to submit a support ticket and then work with them to get a call setup.

OK, Great - thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events