Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to offer our registered customers a community experience just like Atlassian Community

Grant Adkins January 9, 2023

We have a large number of customers across various organizations using our products and would like to offer them a platform similar to Atlassian Community where discussions, questions and answers, voting, tagging, and general knowledge can be shared in the same way we as Atlassian customers get to interact with each other on this site.

I've looked in the Atlassian Marketplace but those seem to be for internal staff or users of Confluence whereas we want to provide this platform to our service management-registered customers without them needing to register a new account - they already have an account for our service desk, the hope is to have SSO for that.

Can anyone recommend a platform that would meet this requirement? I thought I'd check here before continuing my dive into the depths of Google.

Thanks!

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This Community is currently based on "Khoros" (although it's an older version and there are plans to move to a more recent version called "Aurora"). It has been modified by Atlassian to fit their needs as well - if you went and got your own Khoros, it won't work quite the same as this does!

People have been using Atlassian stuff for forums or communities for many years though.  Only one Atlassian product, Confluence, comes even vaguely close to how people think of those, and off-the-shelf, I'd say it's not good at it.

But, it can with apps that can be layered on top. 

Many people have found "Questions for Confluence" (an Atlassian app for Confluence) does forums quite well, especially when their fora are Q&A - we've got several clients who use it, and even as a feed for their service desk knowledge base.

There are also a load of fora apps for Confluence in the marketplace.  Last time I looked, all the forum related apps with good numbers of installed were good.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events