Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to map Label data to Request Participant fields.

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan December 1, 2022

Hey All,

I want to give access to the customer so they can add anyone in the Copy when logging a request from the portal. I know that when I am giving them rights the other projects can be visible to them which I want to hide. So what I am thinking is the Lable is the only field that can take input from multiple emails. So I am giving the user label filed name as CC Users so they can add CC whom they want to then I want to copy the lable value to Request Participants via automation rule but its not working perfect. Can some guide me with the smart value?

1 answer

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2022

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan ,

Welcome to the community !!

There is a system field "Request Participant" in Jira service management which can be used by customers to share/add required users while creating ticket or in different stages.

You can grant customers the access to share tickets from JSM Project settings --> customer permissions. Select appropriate option. 

Attaching screenshot from my project.

image.png

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan December 13, 2022

Hey @Rilwan Ahmed ,

Thanks for the response, I knew about this solution but the drawback is I have multiple projects for different customers, if I use this settings then the other projects will be visible to all customer which I don't want.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan ,

This is project level setting. Changes in one project will not impact other projects. 
i.e. You can grant customer permissions in each project as required. 

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan December 14, 2022

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed ,

Yes it will be visible because I want to apply same for the other projects to because I want same functionality.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events