Waiting for approval status not triggered email to approver

Gordon Wong January 16, 2020

I am using a predefined workflow come with JIRA service desk. In the workflow, the first status after 'start' is 'Waiting for approval', the customer has ensured to select a manager or 'approver' before created the issue through service portal. However, the system does not trigger an email to 'approver'. 

I verified the Project Settings > Customer Notifications. The notifications setting for 'Approval required' has been 'Enabled'

I am using Next-Gen project.

Please assist. Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2020

Hello Gordon,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The Approvals feature was introduced days ago for Jira Service Desk next-gen projects, so it was something that I didn't test until today, so I added the approvals to a workflow and created a test ticket and the notification worked as expected. 

When using Jira, by default we don't receive updates about our own changes, so it's necessary to confirm if who created the ticket added themselves as an approver, the notification won't be generated. I'm mentioning this because I already saw many cases of customers testing Jira and not using two different accounts.

Another thing to confirm is that Jira Service Desk free, which is the plan that you are using, only sends 100 notifications a day, so if it was exceeded, the approver won't receive the notification.

Also, I checked your domain to check if there were bounces and blocks and indeed there were many bounces with the following error:

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuch... - gsmtp

I removed all the bounces and if that was blocking the notifications, now it should work.

With that said, please take your time to test and let us know if it's working or if the issue still persists.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events