Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Tickets

tim_cooke September 24, 2020

The problem I have is that I want the administrators of the Service Desk to be able to view all tickets, but individual agents to only be able to view their own tickets assigned to them.

I also want to create groups. So that 'Ops' for example can view all tickets within their group only (there could be 2 assignees within this group as an example).

Any help on this would be most appreciative.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2020

Tim there are a couple of ways to do this but I would suggest using issue security.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html

You can apply issue security when the issue is assigned or created.  This would make is so individuals with that security would be the only ones who see the issue.  Unfortunately Jira only allows for one assignee who is ultimately responsible for resolving the issue.   

When you configure the issue security you will have the option of defining who sees the issue.  You could add an assignee or a jira security group.  If the security group is added then everyone in that group would see the issue including the assignee.  This would probably be the easiest way to go.  If you want assignee and others to see it then you will have to create a custom field and call it something like collaborator (multiuser selector) that the assignor could select other individuals who would be able to see the issue.  You would then give the custom field access on the issue security.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events