Viability of editing custom fields of the ticket made by customers in the portal

Sofia Grunspan April 23, 2021

I know that the only interaction that a customer and an agent have after a ticket is created is through the portal in the comments section. But I want to know if there is an add on that allows the customer to edit some fields in the ticket after this had been created, using the portal

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2021

Hi @Sofia Grunspan ,

You can achieve it only using our app Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management. You can also read a short article about this feature which I've published recently on the community. This app allows to edit requests by customers on the portal, but also provides other useful features, such as displaying request steps on the portal or creating customized announcement banners.

Sofia Grunspan April 26, 2021

Thanks, I'm going to try this app.

Like Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

@Sofia Grunspan -

This is not possible because any editing against an issue post issue creation requires agent license of JSM.  The actual editing of issues are done through the issue UI via the direct JSM project access and not via Portal UI.

I am not aware of any add-ons that can provide what you are asking for currently in the Marketplace.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events