Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Filter issue scope based on other custom field not working

Atle Bjelland June 11, 2022

Hello

We have a custom field (Primary Service/customField_10455) which has the following configuration:

I1.png

In a different Object schema we have an object type "Solution Configuration Item" which has a Service property as an outbound reference to Services.

We then have another custom field (Solution Modules/customField_10440) which has the following configuration:

I2.png

The above configuration never return any values even when the Primary Service field has a service selected that does have Solution Configuration Item defined.

If we replace the ${customField_10455} with the actual Key as shown below it returns the expected values:

I3.png

We have spent hours trying all different kinds of permutations but nothing gives us the result we are looking for which is a filtered Solution Modules selection list based on the selected Primary Service.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Atle

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2022

Hi @Atle Bjelland,

As per this support article, I would suspect you need to use Filter issue scope of your second custom field to specify the filter criteria, and use the following syntax:

objectType = “Solution Configuration Item” AND "Service" = ${customField_10440.label}

Hope this helps! 

Atle Bjelland June 13, 2022

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout 

I did an automation to see what the values are of my custom fields.

My parent field customField_10455 returns the following:

• {customField_10455} = the key of the Service i.e. SVC-2208
  • {customField_10455.label} = the name of the service

I was trying to filter my solution configuration items based on the key.

I am puzzled why using the customField_10455 does not work (it logs the same as if i use the key directly in the Filter issue scope).

• Works: "Service.Key" = "SVC-2208"
  • Does not work: "Service.Key" = ${customField_10455}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events