cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users do not receive notification from some projects

Sébastien RATEL June 21, 2022

Hi everyone,

We are using Jira v8.14.1 and Jira Service Management v4.14.1

As a JIRA Admin, my users do not receive any notification from a specific project (issue created, updated, new comment), but from others projects they do receive them.

These projects use the same notification scheme.

When i run the notification helper, there is no error the user should receive email notification.

I had a look at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/User-doesn-t-receive-notifications-for-a-specific-project-but/qaq-p/1931632?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=unpaid-social&utm_campaign=P:online*O:community*I:social_share* so I checked mailbox rules and there is no rule in the user mailbox.

I set the jira mailing log in debug and I had a look in the log but it seems the mail is not even sent by the Jira system.

Client notification from Jira Service Management setting does work. 

At this point I must confess I do not have any idea about the issue.

Does someone have any idea ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

Hey @Sébastien RATEL

Is the notification scheme set up for groups or project roles? 

If using roles in the notification scheme, have you checked to see if the users are in the necessary roles in the project they are not receiving a notification from? I think the notification helper checks this as well, but if the notification helper was ran in a project they have the correct roles in, it might show no errors. 

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any additional information to provide or have any questions. 

Have a great day, 

-Brittany

Sébastien RATEL June 21, 2022

Hi @Brittany Wispell 

Thanks for your quick answer.

Notification scheme is set up neither for groups nor project roles. Notification schemes are set to just notify reporter or assignee when a ticket is created, updated or commented for example.

Regards

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

Hey @Sébastien RATEL

I see, are the permissions schemes the same across all the projects as well? 

Thanks,
Brittany

Sébastien RATEL June 22, 2022

Hi @Brittany Wispell 

I am not sure I will get access to client site before next week. I will answer as soon as I log in to client site.

Regards

Sébastien RATEL August 12, 2022

Hi @Brittany Wispell , 

Sorry for the late answer.

The permissions schemes are not the same across all the projects.

I had a look at the permission schemes and I can not see anything related to notifications.

Which permission should I look at ?

Regards

Sébastien RATEL October 4, 2022

Hi @Brittany Wispell 

Any news ?

I am still lost and do not understand why the project does not send notifications :(

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events