Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users Not Receiving Email Notifications

Daniel Nile May 5, 2021

Hi, 

A few of our users have started to report not getting the responses that we are sending out. I have checked the notification settings and nothing has changed. They seem to get the email notification when we resolve the ticket but not when we respond.

Thanks,

Dan

2 answers

0 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Hi @Daniel Nile You can check the notification helper to confirm that there are not access related issues

https://your-site-name.atlassian.net/secure/admin/NotificationHelperAdmin.jspa

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2021

@Sagar your answer only applies to Service Desk Agents.

If I try the helper (which is great, thanks for sharing), with a user who is only a Service Desk Customer, it says that she does not have the permission to view the issue. Which makes sense, since she only has portal access.

2021-12-08 16_58_07-Window.png

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi, @Daniel Nile !

Welcome to the Community!

Maybe my question is simple and strange - are you sure that "respond" in your context is "adding public comments"?

If that - you should go to the "project settings" => "Notifications" => "Customer notifications" => "Public comment added" => "Edit" (check that it is enabled). 

And check the recipients (field "to").

Demo_service_desk_-_Customer_notifications_-_Service_project_-_Jira.png

After that you should go to Customer's request and check their roles in it. 

For you information, in the documentation you can check all available roles.

Daniel Nile May 5, 2021

Hey @Alexander Bondarev 

Thank you and thanks for responding so quickly! Have checked the above and everything appears to be in order. They were receiving responses from us (in the last week or so) but now are not. 

Thanks,

Dan

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2021

What does that mean? 

When "now" you are adding new public comment - customers don't get an email updates?

Is it global problem? or just with 1-2 people and 1 request?

Daniel Nile May 6, 2021

Yes customers are not receiving email updates - it is affecting multiple customers but everyone on several different requests

Daniel Nile May 6, 2021

On this I have done a message trace and it says they have been delivered. After giving myself permissions to the inbox those emails aren't there (have checked all folders) 

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2021

Hm, it is really strange. 

Have you already raised a support request with Atlassian Team? 

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2021

I'm facing a similar problem, after migrating to the cloud, but I'm not sure if any portal customer has received any notification.

I've checked the settings as per @Alexander Bondarev and all looks good.

Is there a way to debug this problem?

And @Daniel Nile , did you open a ticket with Atlassian Support? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events