Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User with permissions to see JSM issues (also access to JIRA sw) not able to see list

Marco Vaca February 9, 2021

Hi everybody,

I ran into an issue today. A customer in the company wanted to see a list of issues opened in Jira Service Management. I opened my list view of the incidents, filtered the issues, and sent the URL so they can watch the same list of issues.

When they open the URL, the following blank screen comes up. I reviewed the groups and permissions and everything seems fine (customer permissions on JSM, JIRA SW access)

image.png

What am I missing? 

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2021

Hello Marco,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Allow me to step in to share with you the tests that I made on my local site.

For a Jira Software user to view Service Management ticket, it’s necessary to add them to a project role and this project must have Browse projects permissions.

So, my suggestion, in this case, would be to create a new role, add this role to the necessary permissions and then, add the customer to the role.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Marco Vaca February 10, 2021

Thank you for your answer Angelica

I've implemented a similar permission schema at the moment. I'm trying to get the customers to test if they have access. As soon as I know more, I will let you know

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

Marco,

Are the project permissions set so that the jira SW users have access to the JSM project?

You can always use the permission helper to assist you in why access is failing.

Regards,

Laurens

Hi Laurens, thank you for your answer

Do you think these permissions should be enough? These are set up under the "Permissions" option in the configuration for the JSM project.

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 10.23.54 AM.png

and

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 10.23.21 AM.png

As you can see, I have a custom group "jsd-customers" that include the customers for our internal SD. I have also tried giving one of the customers direct access to Jira software (I think I have mentioned this)

What else could be the problem?

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

Marco,

It kind of depends on which goal you want to reach.

An unlicensed JSM user who has a JSW licence, will, with the right project permissions, be able to view JSM issues, but will not have edit, transition, ... permissions due to his license.

If you want to give customers more access then just the JSM portal, you will have to give them a license (JSM or JSW depending on the goal).

additional to that you will need to grand them browse project permission.

Be aware that all JSM specific functions are not available to non licensed users, like queues, SLA, comment to customer, ...

Hope this helps a bit.

If you use the permission helper, you can include the customers account and check if he has browse permissions.

Regards,

Laurens

Like Marco Vaca likes this

Thanks again for the answer Laurens. I'm gonna review if the browse project permission is enough and will let you know

0 votes
Marco Vaca February 11, 2021

Thank you both for your help. I have confirmed with the customer and they can see the issues.

All the best

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events