User permissions

David Rockley July 18, 2017

Hi All,

Is it possible to limit a users permissions so that he can see requests from one Organisation? We currently have several Organisations configured, each with their own set of Customers, but we would like some users in the project to have access to a single Organisations queue.

Thanks,

Daver

2 answers

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2017

Hi David,

If you're talking about customers then simply set the customer permissions as : image.png

If you're talking about Agents, then perhaps the issue security schemes can be used to segregate.

CHeers,

Thanks for your help.

We already have customer queues set up for each Organisation which customers assigned can see their own individual queue from the customer portal.

What we would like to do is register a customer as an Agent, so he get access to much more detail in his queue (the customer portal queue view is very restricted and not configurable), but obviously he needs to be restricted to seeing his own Organisations queue and not any others.

Cheers

David

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2017

@David Rockley, I don't think you want a customer to be an agent unless your customer is actually internal. Making an external customer an agent would be a bad idea I think. All comments become 'public' in that scenario. Having said that if this is a direction you wish to go then I would suggest having different projects for any customer given access to JSD as an agent. 

Hi Jack, Yes - those were some of the concerns, and we don't want to go down the path of separate projects.

It's a potential workaround to give a (single) customer a better view of his queue because at the moment the queue as seen from the customer portal is pretty limited and not configurable - if it was, that would be a far better way to go

Cheers

0 votes
Michaela Gluchow July 18, 2017

Hi David,

have you thought of using using the group feature in the user management?

You could have a group for each Organisation e.g. <Org1-Users>. Then you can create a Permission Scheme based on these groups e.g. <Org1 Permission Scheme> where only users of <Org1> are allowed to see the stuff. Then assign this permission scheme to each of the <Org1> Projects.

Perhaps this can do the trick?

Cheers

Michaela

Michaela Gluchow July 18, 2017

Oh im sorry, I did not see this was about service desk... Guess my answer is not useful then... Sorry!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2017

This will certainly work. The one thing to note with this solution is that you will need to manage the users associated with a customer organization in two places: Organizations and Groups since Groups don't support Organization. This may become onerous if the list of users is large and/or changes frequently. I find simply managing Organizations a challenge today and wish there was support based upon domains.

@David Rockley, I'm assuming from your question that you indeed want access restriction and not simply bucketizing issues which can easily be done by separate queues based upon organization.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events